A Too Short Weekend

Today has been a weird day.

I got up super early to take Porkchop, her friend, and her friend’s boyfriend to the airport for an 8:00 flight. Murrrr.

Murrrrr for Porkchop leaving and for getting up so early and not having much sleep anyway because my stomach was angry. I felt so not-so-hot, I ended up calling in sick to work, returning to bed after I got home, and sleeping for a few more hours.

Why my Stomach Hurts
Sunday was a really weird food day.

At my insistence, Porkchop and I had brunch at La Dolce Via.

Here’s Porkchop looking very cute with her biscuits and gravy:

Here’s my golden beet and white cheddar scramble and potatoes:

We also shared a raspberry scone. While we were finishing up, Porkchop’s printing partner came in with a group of friends. When Porkchop started yelling at this group of early-20-somethings wearing skinny jeans, I couldn’t fathom how she knew any of them. Then I realized what was going on.

A few hours after brunch, Porkchop’s parents picked us up and we went for a late lunch. For some reason, Porkchop’s mom LOVES the Old Spaghetti Factory in Laclede’s Landing, so that’s where we went. To date, I have been to OSF with Porkchop’s parents 3 or 4 times.

After eating, Porkchop’s dad took us on an unexpected tour of construction projects that he has worked on. We were all over…North St. Louis, Central West End, and the Loop. At the Loop, we went to Ben & Jerry’s and had an enormous amount of ice cream.

Oh, my stomach.

After finally returning home, not much time passed until Porkchop’s printing partner called and asked if we wanted to meet up at Bailey’s Chocolate Bar. Not being able to have any more dessert, I stuck to a glass of Reisling.

After returning home again, Porkchop had to finish printing an image from my laptop. I finally had to turn in at 11:00; Porkchop had to stay up much later. Of course, I couldn’t get to sleep forever and I kept waking up with stomach uneasiness. 5:30 came awfully early.

I’m glad Porkchop doesn’t hate me for getting to sleep more.

Saturday was a Good Day
Saturday morning, I rushed around the house cleaning and baking almond-orange shortbread in preparation of Porkchop’s visit.

Picking up Porkchop was strange. I had gotten used to Porkchop being just a voice and a video on my computer, so seeing her in the flesh was weird for the first 15 minutes.

After the airport, we went to ArtMart for paper, St. Louis Bread Co. for a quick bite to eat, and then we went to the salon for Porkchop’s hair cut. That night, we had a leisure dinner at Bahn Mi So 1.

Even though Saturday was a short day, I enjoyed hanging out and doing regular things with Porkchop.

Knitting Note
I just finished the first Chart 1 repeat on the Icarus shawl.

I have much more to knit, but I’m quite happy with it so far. I’ve only had one major mess-up from not paying attention, but even it is not so bad.

Food Note
After not eating much today (a banana, half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and an orange), I had a good dinner, even though everything was store-bought. At Local Harvest, I picked up Amy’s tomato soup, Goatsbeard Farm cheese, and olive tortilla chips…a great combination.

Anyway…all from me. Have a great night!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: