First of all, this is what I had for dinner tonight:
Masaman curry with potatoes and chicken over brown rice. My friend CJ pointed me in the direction of masaman curry paste (or slurry) for easy meal preparation. Yum yum yum! My next curry will use tofu, potatoes, and apples.
Along the food route, here’s a shot from Friday night of acorn squash bisque and the beginning of my interlocking balloons scarf:
- Microwave 2 acorn squash for 10-15 minutes each, until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife.
- Split the squash, seed them, and scoop out the squash into a bowl.
- Saute an onion (diced) in a tablespoon of butter, season with pepper. Saute until the onion is tender.
- Add the squash, a 14.5 oz can of chicken or veggie broth, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 tsp fresh) and boil until the squash is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup half-and-half and season with pepper.
The interlocking balloons pattern is another story. I think it will be better once I work through a whole repeat.
Other knitting….I finished an adult-sized Utopia hat last week:
I also don’t know what’s up with this:
Fortunately, the south side of the quad is still pristine. Here’s Swallow Hall…where I spent many a long hour doing anthropology stuff: