I have some things going against me right now:
- My favorite pair of summer pants (and it’s summer-pant wearing weather right now) are coming unsewn below the zipper. Unfortunately, my seamstress is living in Albuquerque at the moment. Hmmm….
- Squirrels have savaged three of my tomato plants. The plants have been in the ground for not yet 36 hours. I’m quite sad about this, but I know I can replace the plants this weekend after the Webster Groves herb sale. But I’m also QUITE sad because I’ve cared for these little plants for more than two months now. It hurts. So much.
- I’ve only practiced my fiddle twice this week, and I have class tomorrow. Oh, and I never bought a digital tuner. I’m such a slacker.
On the upside:
- Porkchop comes home in less than a month.
- We’ve been pre-approved for an FHA home renovation loan. The approval amount is alright, but I hope we can buy a place and get it done for much cheaper. The monthly payment amount makes me gasp. I mean, really, I’m glad Wells Fargo pre-approved us for this amount, but ARE THEY NUTS??!! Have they REALLY looked at our income-debt ratio? I sure as hell wouldn’t lend us such money.
- Hmmm…I’m trying to think of a third. My parents will take me out to a nice dinner Friday night at the Sidney Street Cafe.
And, I don’t know how to feel about this…
When I came home from work this evening, I observed an unsettled atmosphere on my street. People sitting outside, but quiet and uneasily watching a guy with a dog standing outside one of the 4-family flats. Then I noticed a police car parked in front of my apartment and a police woman taking a report from a guy who lives across the street. My neighbor told me that the guy with the dog had been reported for animal abuse.
I don’t know how to feel about this because I’m sad to hear that this guy was beating his dog, but I’m glad that no one was shot, which is what I thought had happened.
On that note, have a great Tuesday!